On Sunday the 8th February @ 10am -11:30. There will be our second BMX coaching session of 2015, at new Waltham BMX track. Our experienced and qualified coaches will be teaching a variety of fun skills and techniques for most levels of riding ability at all ages.The session will be £5 and is compulsory to have a helmet, gloves and a good working bike with at least one brake to participate. We can help with the hire of equipment if needed providing contact via message preferably in advance. So come and get involved in a healthy action packed session. Under 16s will need parental consent. G*Y*P*O.
GYPO Annual Bmx Race Event – Sunday 5th October
*Open to all ages and abilities
*Trophies and medals awarded for all ages
*£5 to enter
*DJ’s, Refreshments and raffle
*Practice 10am till Noon, racing starts at 1pm
(All riders must have helmet, any gloves, long sleeve top and at least one working brake)
for more info about the event contact Harriet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving young people opportunities are proud to announce our 4th G*Y*P*O FEST will be taking place on the 17th of may 2014.
The fest will be taking place at Pleasure Island Cleethorpes. This will be the 4th year G*Y*P*O have hosted this event. As ever the festival is always expanding. this time round we have 15 bands/ acts on including the likes of “Heavy links”, “Little fears” and “The life and times of the bothers hogg”.
Last year we introduced an art gallery into the mix to give local artists chance to exhibit there work. We will be going ahead with the gallery again, if you would like to have you work on board please get in touch!
Brand new G*Y*P*O merchandise will be available from the stall this year we have new flavors of t-shirts and stickers for sale. you will also be able to sign up for membership on the day as well.
Wondering what the course layout is going to be like this year? take a look below.
To save some time for users wanting to ride the course we have made the consent forms available to download.
If your are under the age of 16 we require a parent or guardian signature. G*Y*P*O would be grateful if you can turn up on the day with your consent form correctly filled in and signed.
users over the age of 16 we still require you to fill out the form prior to riding the course.
Do not worry if you cannot print the form out, they will be available in Forw4rd and at Thursday night race track practice. Chris (aka sas) will also have some down the trails.
Also do not forget that we have a limited amount of early bird tickets on sale in forw4rd which will save you £2.00 on entry to the fest.
how to :-
1. Download the consent form here —->Consent form download
2. Print it out
3. Fill it in correctly
4. Ask your parent or guardian to sign it (under 16 only)
5. Turn up on the day and hand your form in
6. Enjoy riding the course
One week from today the G*Y*P*O Race club evenings will commence for the new season of 2014*
• The clubs first session starts on Thursday 3rd April, 6pm till dark – for more info on this see poster below.
• We are currently looking for volunteers who would like to be involved with the setting up and of the running of the clubs track evenings from April time to the end of September. If you would like to come help out in any way then please pop down on a Thursday evening and have a chat with one of the clubs friendly members.
• Our local qualified level 2 and experienced BMX coaches would like to take the opportunity to help coach beginner and more advanced riders who would like to achieve there goals of racing at a higher level and want to participate further in the sport by learning new skills and technique’s on and off your bike, and on and off the track. The coaching will entail of an introduction, a bike safety check, suitable clothing and protection check and then onto starting with a warm-up, a group session, cool-down and then a summary from the experience of the session. This will suit most levels of riders and also will be a challenging way to reach your potential while having fun. If you would like to have a go then the sessions will run 4.30-6pm at the Racetrack, new Waltham, just before the Thursday evening race club practice starts.
There will be six-grouped sessions over a six-week period.
Price for a session £ 3
Price for the whole six sessions £15 member, £18 non-member
If you would like to have a go or have any questions then please message this page.
G*Y*P*O.Race Night Leaflet
Race Track Nights
Start 3rd April 2014
Every Thursday 6pm till Dark
@The New Waltham BMX Track, St. Clements Way DN36 4GU
£1 per week (first session free)
From the 1st April 2014 it will be a requirement that all riders are GYPO members. The cost is £5 for the year and includes lots of discounts and benefits and can be purchased on race nights – see www.gypoinfo.org for more details.
All ages and abilities welcome
Coaching by qualified British Cycling BMX instructors
Helmet, gloves (any) and long sleeve top must be worn and have at least one working brake.
(Bikes, helmets and pads can be hired on the night)
All proceeds go towards the track maintenance
For more information email Harriet – email@example.com